How the WTP Extended Plate Bit* works
A humans tongue is attached to the bottom of the mouth the same as a horse. Put a finger across the crease of your mouth you can raise your tongue over it. If you put two fingers in the roof of your mouth you can still roll your tongue back. Then put two fingers on top of your tongue you can’t roll your tongue up neither can the horse with the Tongue plate bit. This simply overcomes the many problems encountered by the horse. The Winning Tongue Plate lays gently across the tongue and under the bit joint preventing the bit from pinching the tongue “no more pain”. The Tongue Plate prevents the horse getting the tongue over the bit and also stops them from pulling hard.
The WTP Extended Plate Bit* can help prevent bleeding in horses:
Many horses suffer from bleeding in the lungs under the stress of running especially thoroughbreds and harness horses. The technical name for “bleeding” is exercise-induced pulmonary haemorrhage (EIPH). This describes a condition in which the tiny blood vessels in a horse’s lungs rupture due to stress sustained during physical exertion.
Lack of oxygen can contribute to horses bleeding due to a horse getting his tongue over the bit, rolling the tongue back or from displacing the soft palate. The winning tongue plate bit has proven to prevent and eliminate these problems.
The WTP Extended Plate Bit* Benefits
- Stops the bit pinching the tongue
- Stops the horse getting the tongue over the bit
- Stops the tongue hanging out the side of the mouth
- Stops roof rubbing and lip pinching
- Stops the horse headshaking, pulling or bolting
- Stops the horse hanging, rearing, and bucking
- Stops the horse headshaking
- Stops displacement of the soft palate
- Stops abnormal respiratory noise thickness of wind
- Better oxygen supply therefore better speed
- Proven to prevent bleeding at exercise (EIPH)
- Proven to improve performance
- Proven to reduce the horse’s heart rate
- The horse is happy and easier to control
- WTP bit also acts as a more effective and kind rearing bit
- Rider’s comments “like having power steering”
*Extended Plate version only, not proven for Normal Plate Bit.
Shipping Estimate: 3-4 weeks or sooner.